I just saw the funniest Facebook post today about how to ruin a date in only 5 words. Everyone was commenting with suggestions, and a few of them were quite genius.
In this technological modern age, there’s more online dating happening than ever before, which basically translates into more dating happening than ever before…or at least more online penpal-ing? But anyways, with the amount of dating going on nowadays, a ridiculous multitude of dating horror stories have arisen. Of course, there are lots of really good dates, and even great dates, but the funniest stories usually come from the crazy dates. From constant texting to Facebook stalking to misrepresentations on Tinder, the dating arena’s a lot more like the wild west than it ever was before. And I realized recently that there’s a whole lot more semi-blind dating happening now than it ever has in the past. OkCupid, Tinder, Hinge (have you ever even heard of that one??) and plenty more dating apps have brought a whole new series of strange events and bizarre occurrences…at the very least! But don’t be scared- interesting dating stories are happening to anyone who’s brave enough to put themselves out there! And it’s all kind of awesome.
There’s a lot I can say about dating, and I will talk more seriously about it in another post, but for tonight, just sit back and enjoy some absolutely terrible first date comments that may just make you laugh till you cry.
Here are some of the best suggestions for how to ruin a first date in just 5 words. Enjoy!
The Obvious Issues
- It’s not contagious anymore…hopefully
- Honestly, your friends hired me
- They haven’t convicted me yet
- I know where you live
- My lawyer says no kissing
- When will this be over?
The Family Issues
- You remind me of mom
- My curfew is at 9
- What’s your sister’s phone number?
- My dad’s on his way
- By the way, I’m married
- My current wife is missing
The Political/ Cultural Issues
- Have you considered Donald Trump?
- I don’t believe in education
- My role model’s Kim Kardashian
- Ann Coulter is my hero
- Theater is like live TV
- I don’t believe in independence
The Technology Issues
- I already Facebook stalked you
- Those Tinder photos weren’t me
- Wait, I’m tweeting about this
- I’m only 40 pounds heavier
- I just bought your domain
- Hold on- texting my ex
The Seems Like Maybe Red Flag Issues
- I figured, hey, free dinner!
- You are really rich, right?
- I’m high. Everything is funny
- I only speak in rhyme
- Yuck! I hate all foods
- I heard you were desperate
- Hurry! I have another date
- I got that waitress pregnant
- No one else was available
- Meet my psychiatric service dog
- My biological clock is ticking
- I think I love you